Wednesday, April 14, 2010

When can I call him my boyfriend?

We met nearly 3 months ago on an online dating site. After talking online for 3 weeks, we met in person while he was planning to move here for work. He has lived here for over 6 weeks. We act like a couple. We frequently go out on dates, kiss, cuddle, and sleep over. He met my parents and got me a present on my birthday. I know that neither of us are currently seeing anyone else and we both really like each other. But we are both listed as single on our various social networking sites. He still hasn't updated a lot of things on his profiles (like his new city), so I wonder if he's waiting for a cue from me? I want advice on how (or if) I should talk to him about this. Should I hint that I want to call him my boyfriend? Should I wait for him to bring it up? How do adults handle this? Is it normal for a 26 year old guy to ask a 23 year old girl, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I haven't had a serious committed relationship since college, and then he just asked me to be exclusive.

When can I call him my boyfriend?
You have a right to ask him and make sure you are in a monogomous relationship if you are sleeping together.
Reply:well, I'm a little too straightforward at times, but I feel you should come out with it to him. Ask the guy if he wants to be exclusive, then why not label it for what it is?


No comments:

Post a Comment