Friday, April 16, 2010

Please help: How do I deal with an internet stalker who has my photo?

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on what to do about an guy who has copied my photo and has created bogus accounts on a social networking site. I feel so ill at the thought of him contacting people under my identity but I'm powerless to do anything about it :( have reported him to the site moderator but nothing has happened. Please does anyone have any advice? It's so scary.





PS: I know I shouldn't have put my photo online, but I thought I could trust people more :( what a sucky way to learn

Please help: How do I deal with an internet stalker who has my photo?
I am not sure, but fairly sure that such impersonation is a crime, and may (or may not) be considered identity theft.


So, it's wise to see if you can contact a person of power (I'd say the police, but it's definitely NOT a good idea) to see what you can do.


More simply, just tell everyone you know the guy isn't you, and the only way to confirm it's you is by a secret code or something.





In the future, consider setting privacy settings or using a fake name. That way, you can prevent anything else like this from happening again.
Reply:myspace is a joke anyway.

rotten teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment