Thursday, November 19, 2009

Interview with people who socialize online...?

I have to do an interview with someone whom regularly socializes through online networking (myspace, facebook, etc.) but none of my friends use them. Can anyone give me a few shorts answers regarding these questions:





-The amount of time they typically spend on such sites and what they tend to do while there (e.g. browse profiles, blog, chat, etc.)





-Whether they tend to interact online with people that they already knowor seek out new relationships.





-What benefits they receive from their interations with others.





-Whether they ever had a negative/unpleasent social interaction in cyberspace





-Whethere they expect their use of online interaction to change over the next 5 yrs.





Thanks for your time! (No personal information is necessary)

Interview with people who socialize online...?
[Quote]-The amount of time they typically spend on such sites and what they tend to do while there (e.g. browse profiles, blog, chat, etc.)


[End Quote]





I'm trying to quit the habit. At the worst I spent almost all the time that I was awake there. That's 15 to 20 hours a day. I cut back to 8 hours and then 5 hours and now I log on for an hour or so every other week.





My "poison" has always been the forums and my favorite site had plenty of them. What was discussed in the forums "spilled out" and lived on in private groups and blogs. I looked up profiles to see who the persons I was in discussion were, but the most important thing was the discussion.





I've also been multi tasking all along, keeping an eye on the forums and friends while working on other things at the same time.





[Quote]-Whether they tend to interact online with people that they already know or seek out new relationships.


[End Quote]





Strangers, people that I know call me on the phone or drop by to visit.





[Quote]-What benefits they receive from their interactions with others.


[End Quote]





Mental stimulation most of all. Interacting with others online is far better that watching TV all day. You keep learning and expanding your mind in a way that you don't do in front of the telly. As an example, my English was terrible when I started out online. I'm serious I was a terror. The friends that I've made over the years have helped me with my English and today most readers won't notice that English isn't my first language.





[Quote]-Whether they ever had a negative/unpleasent social interaction in cyberspace


[End Quote]





Personal attacks, flame fests, groups of persons ganging up on me, stalkers, online identity theft, theft of photos and other creative art materials... I've pretty much experienced it all. I've learned to not take it personal, learn from it, put it behind me and move on.





[Quote]-Whether they expect their use of online interaction to change over the next 5 yrs.


[End Quote]





Always. I'm constantly changing and moving on to new things. If I don't change then it means that I've stopped thinking and growing and I'd hate it if that happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment