Monday, November 16, 2009

Facebook, too restrictive.?

i dont understand why people is so paranoic nowdays and the sad thing is that this paranoia is also affecting the so called social online networks.


I joined facebook ( i have a myspace account too) and i found out that if I wanted to switch my search from North jersey to South jersey, i will not be able to switch back again. I have friends in both parts and some of them have accounts but is impossible to found them in the searches. I find the facebook search very restrictive.


Why people who is so concern with their privacy would join an online social network then?


I think a lot of that people is paranoic and have issues.


What is tthe point of joining a non traditional social network (online) if you only want to communicate with people who you already now?. think like it was 30 years ago before the internet. If you had a pen pal it had to be someone who you dont know, not someone who you hang out with frequently.


C'mon people, not everybody is stalking you !!!

Facebook, too restrictive.?
I'll say this about that...on MySpace, I started to get a spike in profile views one day. Someone told me an ex had signed up for myspace...and he was a total creep.





I am not easily searchable, and keep a low profile. The only way I could be found, at the time, was by my email addy (yes, my fault).





I changed my email addy and set my profile to private.





Myspace used to be cool, and I have actually made and even found friends there. However, there are some people I dont WANT to stay in touch with forever, nor do I want anyone to be logging in and seeing what I am up to or blogging or whatever.





If I wanted that kind of hassle, I'd try to be fameous and rich.





If I want to stay in touch with someone, then thats fine and all good. If I do not wish to keep in touch with someone and do not wish to be contacted by them, that is my decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment