Monday, May 4, 2009

Do some of you find online social networking/messaging kinda pretentious/weird?

i know it's ironic to be asking that here, but do some of you find online communication (other than normal email) kinda weird and prententious? i'm mostly talking about message boards, forums, chat rooms. and also facebook, myspace. or maybe it's about all the information on there that people tend to give at times. i mean it's good to keep in touch with friends, but otherwise??





i dunno why, but i feel that a normal phone call, email, snail mail, or just hanging out beats any of those





or if you know the person well enough, just stopping by and saying hi!

Do some of you find online social networking/messaging kinda pretentious/weird?
I really don't see some of that stuff as weird. Because sometimes its healthy to meet new people that aren't always in your own area. But I think the extent to which some people go with it is dramatically unhealthy. I mean MySpace is the biggest one for sure. That place is so high school with the way people act on there. Meaning that boyfriends and girlfriends are thinking of breaking up and stuff over something someone said off of myspace. I mean hello, the other person probably doesn't even know that guy or girl for real. So why even ****** about any comments they make? Seems very senseless and trivial to me. As for some forums and chatrooms are cool. But I hate how someone has been going to a site for so long and they get to be a semi top person on the forum or chatroom and they think they can tell others what to do. I mean I was catching a bit of hell from some chick on a forum for a show I watched a few times. I had a few good questions that I asked and I felt were important enough for me to determine if the show was worth watching. But she got on my case saying just watch the rest of the episodes and don't try to get your questions answered here. I responded back and said this is the frequently asked question section here and I see alot dumber questions on here than my own. She totally had nothing to say after that . But still I know what you mean. I feel if you are in close contact with friends and stuff you should be able to pick up a phone or visit them. I know texting isn't an official social network but I know people that do this all the time and they are like living right next to the person. That is very weird to me too. I sort of dislike it too, because there is so much short hand you have to do and find out where allt he symbols and stuff are when doing it. I rather not waste my time trying to type on the phone and just dial up the person's number instead.





P.S. I totally agree with the too much info thing as well. I feel people put too much of it out there on Myspace and other such places and that is how whackos start feel like they know you and are a part of your life because they read all of what you are saying and put up on the site. Its a sure fire way for folks to get stalked for sure.

crooked teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment